Okay, it’s only been a few days since I last posted but still feeling rather, rather good. Will it last, that is the question. I am half expecting something to eventually deplete or get thrown off balance, we shall see though.
I have been to my the doctor and ordered a very broad gene test, I was given the option of just testing for MTHFR but from reading about the testing involved their can be multiple defective genes, so as the saying goes, in for a penny, in for a pound…I decided to go the whole hog. It’s a bit pricey but didn’t think it was too bad considering what they are actually doing…examining the DNA programming of your body.
I’m not going to talk about the doctor and the test lab much until I get my result. I haven’t actually been seeing any doctors very often as I didn’t think they really had any definitive answers for me. I was more interested in doing my own experimentation.
I am keen to blog about my lack of symptoms and how I go with ramping up my MTHFR supplements. I don’t need a medical test to tell me if I am feeling better or not, so this is what I will focus on.
Now that I am feeling better the first thing I want to do is drink some beers and eat lots of crap food ha ha…but no I’m being disciplined and not giving in to those urges, my diet is staying the same – for now. Watch this space though if I keep improving, their may be a beer or two involved in the future.
So main improvements I have seen so far:
- I no longer feel I am walking a tight rope of diet, supplements and exercise. I can have a more flexible life
- I no longer need to walk first thing in the morning to feel semi-alright for the day. I still plan on walking every day but it will be at different times of the day and I don’t believe taking a day off will matter
- My digestion is really improving, I no longer get blocked up and I just go easily and regularly
- I have more energy, particularly in the evenings, I’m no longer so tired at the end of the day
- Morning brain fog has almost ceased to exist and is getting better day by day as my body adjusts to the supplements
- I’ve reached ideal doses (as far as I know) of my MTHFR supplements, I’m no longer building up and I’m getting very minimal, if any, side effects from the supplements, whereas it was making me feel a bit strange for an hour or so after taking them in the early days.
I guess the main thing I am looking forward to is knowing what specific supplements to take and knowing those specific supplements are actually treating my underlying condition rather than symptoms or something that is close to my underlying condition….